Thursday, March 22, 2018

The to-do list

Apparently I will do anything to get out of paid-writing-work today. Instead why don't I come here and waste time updating my to-do list?

Still need to:
*Test wicks with my jars
-I found a base wick size for my jars. Will need to wick up/down based on different fragrance oils and how they perform.
*Purchase insurance (ouch)
-Where's my magical money?!
*Break down total cost of candles and set a price for when I start selling them
-Done
*Obtain a county business license
-Waiting on $$
*Start building Instagram and Facebook following
-Does updating my icon count?
*Look for craft fairs for later summer/early fall
-In progress. Hard to narrow them down when I don't know the opening date.
*Finalize my logo/branding. Make sure it complies with Fair Packaging & Labeling Act
-Done! I even made it through "people-ing" by setting up a yellowpages account so I won't have to include my home address on labels.
*Decide if I am printing labels myself (& if so, decide on label paper supplier and purchase laser printer)
-Done! I decided to print myself (one less thing to depend on a 3rd party for during rush seasons like Christmas shopping season). Also found the holy grail of label paper-a weatherproof paper for Inkjets that actually works! I already have an HP subscription for unlimited ink thanks to the last Etsy venture, so that's one less additional expense to worry about.
*Continue narrowing down fragrance oils with cohesive themes so it's not overwhelming to a customer
-In progress. I found some goooood ones. Hoping my herb garden blend smells good in wax!
*Purchase/make table covers, displays, canopy weights and signage for craft fairs
-In progress. I've narrowed down where I'm purchasing things from. Just once again waiting for the magical money tree to shake some funds down.

No comments:

Post a Comment