Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Greg's new schedule started today! There are not enough exclamation points for this. In terms of schedules, his old one could have been worse but it was not a good fit for our family.

He used to work Mon, Tue, Friday, and Saturday from 9AM-8PM. His commute takes between 30-40 minutes, so without stopping for anything he typically got home a little shy of 9PM.  Cooper's bedtime is around 7:30 so this meant that 4 days a week he barely spent time with Cooper.

This also equated to me spending 4 nights a week making 2 dinners and cramming in all of the kid-care by myself in a very hectic post-work small time block. By the time Greg and I sat down for dinner it was already 9:30.

Weekends have also been pretty uneventful for the duration of his last schedule. He was only able to go on a full weekend camping trip once last year. The rest of the trips I took with my parents. We only went to the drive-in once or twice. I stopped going to the farmer's market because Cooper was so active that it was  impossible to juggle him while trying to shop. Those places aren't always the stroller-friendliest. It also made me realize how many family events take place on Saturdays instead of Sundays.

His new schedule is much better. Sun-Thur from 9:30AM-6:30PM. He will be home every night for dinner! We can try the whole "eating at the dinner table" thing. We can have nightly story times again. I already set up a category in our budget for camping because we are planning on doing much more camping this year. I will greatly miss our lazy Sundays together, but the extra family time is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment