Tuesday, June 9, 2015

3 years.

In just over 2 weeks I'll have a 3 year old. Just like last year, birthdays are tough. It's really difficult knowing I want another and knowing that's never going to happen. It's difficult not having the person closest to me be on the same page to empathize with and to understand what I am going through (and yes, he knows I'm writing this...there is no bus-throwing or secrecy going on).

I wish it was easier, but I'm not blind. I know how lucky I am to have such a wonderful kid. While it is sad (at times, enough to feel like the wind has been knocked out of me) to know that I'll never get to experience this again, maybe it's just a way to reinforce to look closer, to appreciate all of the little moments and milestones. It's so cliche but it really does go by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment