Sunday, December 27, 2015

Things


*I tried to write about a couple specific things that happened on Christmas and no matter how I try to jot it down, it just doesn't work. It's a lot of feels and they just don't translate well to the blogosphere. It's safe to say that Christmas was difficult this year. There were just so many things that went wrong. At no point did it actually feel like Christmas. 2016 will be better.

*I have been persistently sick over the last 2 months. In November I had a 3 week long respiratory illness that just wouldn't stop. The one I'm currently dealing with has lingered over the last 8 days.  I completed the z-pack yesterday and really hope the symptoms wrap up soon. It's a little worrying to me that I went 3 years without major respiratory illnesses and have had 2 major, long episodes over the last 2 months. Several years passed without antibiotics and now I have had to take them twice within a really short period of time. Hopefully it's a fluke and not an indication of anything more serious.

*Greg and I are going on our first solo trip since I was pregnant with Cooper and I am a nervous wreck about it. The closer it gets the more I convince myself that a major catastrophe will happen and Cooper will end up an orphan. I know that sounds ridiculous, but anxiety will tell you ridiculous things. I honestly almost canceled the trip last weekend but Greg talked me out of it. We really need a break after the last year. Cooper will be in the company of his favorite people while we're gone and I know he'll have a ton of fun. Part of me still wants to cancel everything and just go back to Disney because Cooper would at least be with us on that trip. 

There is more, but I am so tired. Clearly I don't need that vacation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment