Saturday, May 17, 2014

Setting up a work space

My husband is pretty amazing. He doesn't flinch when I ask him if I can order a pallet of styrofoam heads. He lets me use 1/3 of the crawlspace to store decorations and listens to me ramble on about Halloween for far longer than most people could tolerate.

Greg also recently agreed to let me convert our shed to a prop-building and Halloween storage space! We have been in our house for 14 months now. Unfortunately, the previous owners never cleared it out. It's full of...questionable cleaning agents and hazardous things.

Yup, that weed killer (however many years old?) on the 3rd shelf down has corroded the metal container AND the metal shelf it is on. The good news is that we contacted our county and can dispose of this stuff for free. The bad news is we have to carefully pack it up and bring it to the local landfill for proper disposal. Heavy duty gloves are in our near future. 

So tomorrow we begin gutting this space and transforming into my Halloween prop-building space. I am thrilled to have the space! I will be back with progress pics. Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a picture illustrating how we feel about cleaning the shed out:


No comments:

Post a Comment